Alo doctors: Things unknown about cosmetic fillings (P3)
The teeth are discolored after a period of filling, tooth sensitivity after filling, amalgam filling in the mouth are good ... are the questions are many readers interested. Alo doctors: The unknowns of fillings will advise and answer you readers questions.
1. Question: Does a cosmetic tooth fill change color after a period of filling? How long after filling?
Answer: The color of the cosmetic filler or, in other words, the color of the tooth depends not only on the appropriate color choice from the beginning, but also on the relative color changes occurring over time. Both teeth and tooth structure can change color by age.
Although cosmetic fillers are increasingly being improved with ultraviolet absorbers, antioxidants are less likely to discolour, but their structure remains subject to a gradual change in color. due to the intensity of ivory by age; Therefore, it is inevitable that the color change is not appropriate after many years.
In addition, it is important to distinguish the true color (as mentioned above) with color changes due to food, drink or smoke. This requires a dental room to clean and polish again.
2. Question: In the following, a piece of tooth filler is sometimes sensitive after filling. how to cure
Answer: Without regard to the main pain caused by pulp disease that should have been taken before the final fillings, a toothache fillings are sensitive after filling can be due to the following causes:
- Due to compression pressure of the material into the sinus cavity filling, it is possible to move the ivory in the ivory tubes causing pain.
- Due to the illumination of the lamp, the composite tends to shrink towards the head of the lamp creating a gap between the composite and ivory, then filling the void. Therefore, when chewing, pressure force chewing fluid move to feel pain.
These cases require the doctor to check the fill and may have to fill again.
There are some cosmetic fillings that cause pain
3. Question: Dental caries are injured by hard objects during sports, teeth are discolored but not scratched. Please tell us the cause of color change
Answer: When the hard object hits the teeth, even though the teeth are not broken, they may break and the blood vessels (teeth) that break the teeth and bleed and release hemoglobin containing iron. Hemoglobin combines with NH3 from decomposition and bacteria, and H2S produces compounds that are reddish brown or black. These substances penetrate the teeth to discolor.
4. Question: The maxillary incisors are about 2mm thin, is there a natural fit without braces or dentures?
Answer: Currently with the advancement of cosmetic dentistry, the case of thinning front teeth can be tightened by adding a layer of composite teeth to the tooth surface. This drug will stick to the teeth with a special adhesive in the dentist. This technique gives good aesthetic results and is less expensive. But be careful not to eat, biting hard on these teeth to keep the pads firmly.
5. Question: The two front teeth are two denture teeth that are pinned to the root of the tooth. After a period of pain and swelling in the dentition area of the denture, there is a small white protrusion on the gumline. Yellow mucus outflows, sometimes there is nothing. Buy pain medication and swollen, stop taking pain medicine and swollen again. Please ask: Does such a long time have any consequences? Is there any treatment that does not remove the old dentures.
Answer: According to the description, these two teeth have not been treated or treated but not satisfactory, resulting in complications of infection, forming a pus in the root of the tooth roots. Although oral medications may stop the pain for some time, this is very unlikely for many reasons: the disease can not be completely reversed if only by medication, the disease will recur many times, and the pus in the jaw will. It grows and can cause harm to healthy teeth in the neighborhood. Not to mention buying self medication (without a prescription) will lead to drug tolerance which makes it difficult to treat later. Therefore, you should go to the dental clinic for treatment as soon as possible.
In terms of wanting to treat but not destroying the dentures that have been done, this can be done by minor surgery, but it is the doctor's decision based on a specific dental condition (closure , color ...), general health as well as oral health to get the best treatment.
6. Question: I go to fillings, doctors often polish the teeth after filling. Is the polish necessary?
Answer: It is necessary to polish the filling after the filling for the following reasons:
- Reduces the roughness of the contact between the teeth and fillings, as well as makes cleaning easier.
- Reduces the chance of recurrence.
- Prevent dullness and increase the gloss of the seal to make it feel more comfortable.
Thus, it takes more time, but polishing pads are necessary.
Depending on the filling material, the polishing is done immediately (for composite filling) or after 24 - 48 hours (for amalgam filling).
7. Question: I have a lot of Amalgam fillings in my mouth, do I need to replace them with other materials? Amalgam filling is safe?
Answer: Amalgam is a filler that covers mercury with other metallic components such as silver, bronze, tin ... Amalgam is often used as a filler to fill the back teeth. Amalgam has been used successfully for more than 150 years and its quality has also increased over time.
If used properly and indicated, Amalgam fillings are more durable and cheaper than some fillings. The suspicion of the safety of the amalgam filling is due to the presence of mercury. Is Amalgam filling safe for your health?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Amalgam has so far been considered a safe filling material. Currently, no screening test has shown that amalgam has adverse health effects, and there is no scientific proof that it is better to remove all amalgam fillings. mouth.
So, if there are no special aesthetic requirements and if the amalgam fillings are still good then there is no need to replace them with other materials.
NHAN TAM DENTAL CLINIC
Address: 801-809, 3/2 Street, Ward 7, District 10, HCMC
Hotline: 1900 56 5678
Thank you for visiting www.nhakhoanhantam.com
5 GOLD FACTORS br> Make the brand of Nhan Tam Dental
223/5000 PLEASE COME WITH US "HEAVENLY"